Sider

August 16, 2013

cauliflower soup and corn chips

main ingredients
nice warm cauliflower soup with corn chips and a little lemon juice
also little hands enjoyed the soup
today has been nothing but rain here and I really feel like soup... it is still summer though, so dinner ended up being a light cauliflower soup inspired by this recipe. as I know this is a soup liked very much by all of us, I made a large portion and froze half of it for a busy day with no time to cook... a great thing about this soup is that you can serve it with almost anything... bread, parmesan, chicken, bacon or as today, corn chips and lemon juice. This version is made from two rather large organic cauliflowers, two cloves of garlic, two potatoes, a bit of freshly grated ginger, vegetable broth, nutmeg, olive oil and lemon juice. I cut all the vegetables into appropriate pieces, seared them carefully, including garlic and ginger, in olive oil, and then added water and vegetable broth. for this version I added about two liters of fluid. when the potatoes are done I used my beloved Bamix, and gave the soup a good blending. finally I added grated nutmeg, salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste and served it with a little extra lemon and corn chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment